Frequently Asked Questions
1) Do I need a referral from my family doctor?
No, you do not need a referral from your family doctor
2) Will I have to pay for my hearing test?
No, we offer our hearing tests at no cost to you.
3) Where is the Quinte Hearing Centre located?
We are at 21 College Street West in Belleville on the south-west corner of North Front Street and College Street in the Metro Plaza. Our second location is at 149 Main Street in Picton.
4) Do you prescribe every style of hearing aids?
Yes, we prescribe all styles of hearing aids and work with an array of hearing aid manufacturers.
5) Is there a hearing aid trial period?
We offer our patients a 90-day trial period. If the patient wants to try another style of hearing aid they can do so within the trial period.
6) What if I do not like my hearing aids?
If you do not like your hearing aid you have two options: you can replace the hearing aid with a new one or return it. There is no additional cost to replacing the hearing aids with a new style, except if the price of the hearing aid is different. However, if you choose to return the hearing aids and not purchase new ones you will be fully reimbursed less a $150 restocking fee.
7) How long is your hearing aid warranty period?
Generally, each hearing aid comes with a 3-year warranty period. During the warranty period, the hearing aids can be sent to the manufacturer to be repaired as many times as needed.
8) What happens if I lose my hearing aids?
Each hearing aid comes with a 1-time loss warranty.
9) What ages does the Quinte Hearing Centre see?
We service adults of all ages, and children down to the age of 4.
10) What happens if my hearing changes?
Most often we can reprogram the hearing aids to fit a new hearing loss. However, if your hearing changes drastically, new hearing aids may need to be purchased.
11) What is included in my hearing aid purchase?
Your complete Hearing Aid package includes:
• Personal care and attention by a qualified Audiologist or Hearing Instrument Specialist
• No charge hearing assessment and hearing aid evaluation
• Hearing aid fitting adjustment and reprogramming, as needed
• Post hearing aid fitting counseling, including individual instruction and information sessions
• Satisfaction guaranteed over the ninety-day adjustment period
• Ongoing cleaning and service, as needed during the life of the hearing aid
• Free batteries, for the life of the hearing aid
• Three year damage warranty and one-year loss warranty for most hearing aids
• Hearing aid accessory kit – cleaning tools and hearing aid storage case